A Professional Service
The Manitoba Physical Education Teacher’s Association is affiliated with the Manitoba Teacher’s Society as a special area group. MPETA is an educational and professional organization which is dedicated to serve physical education in Manitoba Schools.
Active Kids…Healthy Future
The Manitoba Physical Education Teachers Association provides health and physical education teachers with resources, leadership, encouragement and recognition for the delivery of quality programs and practices.
- To promote and advance the teaching of physical education in Manitoba schools;
- To protect the identity and importance of physical education in Manitoba schools and react to all matters affecting the image of physical education in Manitoba through The Manitoba Teachers’ Society;
- To foster a closer personal and professional relationship among physical education teachers;
- To further in-service training of teachers of physical education at all levels of the school system;
- To disseminate information about current physical education developments;
- Every school provides a quality daily Physical Education program for every student, every year.
- Graduates from our schools are indeed “physically educated” in that they form a society which is known for its active lifestyle.
- All physical education programs are taught by qualified physical education specialists.
- School boards and the provincial government provide the necessary leadership and financial support to the physical education, intramural, and interscholastic programs.
- To promote continued and improved relationships with all affiliated agencies who are associated with physical education;
- To promote quality daily physical education.
Definition of Physical Education:
Physical education is
- a curriculum-based subject;
- a carefully planned program of instruction that incorporates physical activities and learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate and sequential;
- designed to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes that promote an active healthy lifestyle.